3 Photos: CHURCH / Igreja Nossa Senhora da Luz, Castelo de Vide, Portugal

CHURCHS  CASTELO%20DE%20VIDE  HOMEPAGE
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Igreja Nossa Senhora da Luz de Castelo de Vide, Portugal (Church)Igreja Nossa Senhora da Luz de Castelo de Vide, Portugal (Church)


Alçado da Igreja Nossa Senhora da Luz de Castelo de Vide, Portugal (Church Elevation)


 



 

GOOGLE MAPS: OPEN MAP


Chapel of single nave preceded by galilee. It features a chapel-staggered chapel with sacristy attached to the left side. The façade ends in gable and the portal, rectilinear, is flanked by two quadrangular windows, grained [IPA PT041205030036].

According to the inscription applied on the side of the Epistle in the triumphal arch, the chapel was instituted in 1609 by Francisco Rodrigues Henriques, with three weekly masses according to a scripture written by a notary, in 1634: "THIS IRMIDA D OUR LADY OF LVZ / HE DE FRCO ROIZ HENRIQUES MOR IN LISBON AND / OF SEVS HEIRS THAT FES THE SVA CVSTA / IN THE YEAR OF 609. HAVE MISSAS EVERY SOMA = / NA AND MANUFACTURE AS WILL BE ESCRI = / TVRA.NAS NOTES DY DAYS.


The Chapel of Our Lady of Light presents a panel of figurative tiles, representing Nossa Senhora da Luz, on the portal, and, inside, patterned tiles on the nave and encasquetados in the main chapel.

 
Capela de nave única antecedida por galilé. Apresenta capela-mor escalonada com sacristia adossada do lado esquerdo. A fachada termina em empena e o portal, rectilíneo, é ladeado por duas janelas quadrangulares, gradadas [IPA PT041205030036].

De acordo com a inscrição aplicada do lado da Epístola no arco triunfal, a capela foi instituída em 1609 por Francisco Rodrigues Henriques, com três missas semanais conforme escritura lavrada por tabelião, em 1634: "ESTA IRMIDA D NOSSA SENHORA DA LVZ/HE DE FRCO ROIZ HENRIQUES MOR EM LISBOA E/ DE SEVS HERDEIROS QUE SE FES A SVA CVSTA/ NO ANO DE 609. TEM MISSAS CADA SOMA=/ NA E FABRICA COMO SE VERA ESCRI=/TVRA.NAS NOTAS D Y DIAS. ANO DE 634".

A Capela de Nossa Senhora da Luz apresenta um painel de azulejos figurativos, representando Nossa Senhora da Luz, sobre o portal, e, no interior, revestimento de azulejos de padrão, na nave, e de enxaquetados, na capela-mor.